Wednesday 6 August 2014

BellaBox: July 2014 Review


BellaBox is an Aussie monthly subscription service where you pay $15 a month including postage and they send you a box of at least 5 samples.

This is my second box so far and it came reasonably fast. July's theme was American Beauty even though it came with a product from Japan and one apparently from Australia so that doesn't really make sense but anyway, here's what came in the box.

ANASTASIA Lash Genius Waterproof Topcoat (RRP $39 AUD - 5.3g) Sample size 3.2g 
In my first box I got the Anastasia Clear Brow Gel which is amazing and frankly I'm happy to just own a product that's pretty expensive in my book and has a lot of great reviews. But now I have two from this brand. I honestly have no need for a waterproof topcoat, I don't use waterproof mascara but I'll try it anyway even though it seems like a bit of a gimmick product. Or I'll give it to my sister who has problems with mascara (probably not, I'll end up just hoarding it)


YU-BE Moisturizing Skin Cream (RRP $34.95 AUD - 70ml) Sample size 3ml
This teeny tiny little sample of cream is the Japanese product. It's meant for dry skin on all areas of the body including face and lips (for external use only though) This will definitely be interesting to try but I don't have dry skin so I'll most likely use it for lips.

DESIGNER BRANDS Lip Butter (RRP $4.99 AUD - 10ml) Full size
I've tried this since getting the box and it's okay. It's coconut scented and honestly smells like a cheap lipgloss you'd find in a $2 shop or something. It's also in a pot which I absolutely hate. As far as lip balm (or most things) go, having to stick your finger into anything is just ugh no. So far it's lasted on the lips and is moisturizing.

DESIGNER BRANDS Paw Paw Plus Hand Cream (RRP $4.99 AUD - 30g) Full size
This also smells like something cheap. I'm not the biggest hand cream person, I don't like the feeling of something on my hands. It's not very practical for me because I'm constantly doing something with my hands. I'm sure I'll use it up eventually but it's probably going to be something that ends up at the back of a drawer.

NICOLE BY OPI NAIL LACQUER (RRP $12.95 AUD - 15ml) Full size
I was so happy and relieved when I found this in the box. Not only because it's nail polish and I have an ever growing collection but because I got the colour Razzle Dazzler aka Black! I don't have a black nail polish and this goes opaque in two coats. Other people got some not so nice colours or another not so great product instead so I'm happy I got this.

STRIVECTIN-EV Get Even Brightening Serum (RRP $89 AUD - 50ml) Sample
Other than what it says on the card and the same thing on the packet I don't know much about this. I think it gets rid of dark spots and as the name would suggest, brightens your skin. You're supposed to use it for 8 weeks to see results.. if only the sample size would last that long.



I think BB is pretty good but most other people seem to have a problem with it. It definitely doesn't help that they have seemingly pretty bad customer service and don't respond to emails and questions for ages until you hassle them. They always seem to have delays with shipping and from what I've seen the products they've sent in the past have been very similar month to month.. Not much variety. So far I haven't had a bad experience but I've only received two boxes so keeping my fingers crossed nothing bad happens in the next few months.

If you want to try it, definitely do. Even if it's just for one month. It's fun to receive beauty stuff in the mail, especially if you score some good things like an OPI nail polish :D

x

No comments:

Post a Comment